In 1935 the church was recognised as ‘St Andrew's Presbyterian Church’, and became a Mission Station under the supervision first of Richmond, then of Ebenezer Pitt Town. Until then it was a preaching station of the Windsor Parish. In 1946 Riverstone formed their own Session independently. In the same year a Manse was purchased for the Home Mission student.
In 1967 Riverstone pre-empted Church Union by ten years Presbyterian and Methodist churches came together. Worship was held in the Presbyterian Church and Sunday School in the Methodist Church until 1969
The first ordained minister was inducted in 1970.
Marsden Park, which has been part of the Riverstone charge since 1936, was closed in 1971.
Riverstone united with Blacktown Parish in 1978. In 1998 the Uniting Church ceased recognizing parishes, in congregations became independent. Full-time ministers continued at Riverstone until 2008.
In 2014 Rivertone Uniting Church joined the Hawkesbury Mission Zone, along with Kurrajong Heights, Richmond, Ebenezer, Pitt Town and Windsor Uniting Churches. We share 2 resources ministers and engage in various shared activities across the region.